From 18 to 24 December 2018, the delegation of the NAS of Belarus, headed by the Deputy Chairman of the Presidium of the NAS of Belarus Academician Aliaxandr Sukalo participated in the 20th Guangzhou Convention of Overseas Chinese Scholars in Science and Technology (China, Guangzhou).
Organizers of the event are the Ministry of Education of China, the Ministry of Science and Technology of China, the Office of the Immigrant Affairs of the State Council of China, the Chinese Academy of Sciences in cooperation with the city committee of the CPC and the People's Government of Guangzhou with the assistance of the Guangdong-CIS International Technological Cooperation Union.
There are 250 technology parks in Guangzhou. The main directions of development of Guangzhou are: new generation information technologies, artificial intelligence, biomedicine, new sources of energy and new materials. Fundamental research has special support. In 2019, Guangzhou plans to allocate 50 billion yuan (2% of GDP) to science and technology projects, including with foreign partners.
The event was attended by about 7000 specialists from 27 Chinese cities, in particular Guangzhou, Chongqing, Shenzhen, Macao and more than 400 foreign experts from Belarus, Russia, France, USA, South Korea, Japan and others.
The delegation of the NAS of Belarus included representatives of the following organizations:
- Centre for System Analysis & Strategic Research
- B.I. Stepanov Institute of Physics
- United Institute of Informatics Problems
- Institute of Metal Technology
- V.A. Bely Metal Polymer Research Institute
- Institute of Biophysics and Cell Engineering
- Institute of Biochemistry of Biologically Active Compounds.
At the event the delegation of NAS of Belarus presented developments of the "Catalogue of Innovation Technology Offers by Organizations of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus 2018".
Achievements and proposals for cooperation of organizations that participated in the event can be found at the Virtual exhibition of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus.
Within the framework of the event, members of the delegation of the NAS of Belarus visited innovative enterprises and organizations, conducted more than 100 negotiations with potential partners. Following the talks were signed:
- Memorandum on scientific and technical cooperation on the establishment of the Guangzhou Innovation Center of the NAS of Belarus between the People’s Government of the Haizhu District of Guangzhou, the NAS of Belarus and the Guangdong-CIS International Technological Cooperation Union;
- Memorandum on scientific and technical cooperation between the Guangdong-CIS International Technological Cooperation Union and the B.I. Stepanov Institute of Physics ;
- Memorandum of cooperation between the United Institute of Informatics Problems and the IT company BoTong.
The visit of NASB delegation was organized by Guangdong-CIS International Technological Cooperation Union (the Union) with the support of RCTT in the frame of the Cooperation Agreement signed by RCTT and the Union on 11.07.2014.